The Human Equation provides a range of practical learning solutions tailored to an organisation’s needs and environment. We focus on the organisation, ensuring that learning outcomes support the organisation’s development initiatives and strategies.
Our approach is to combine proven, successful training techniques and tailor them to the individual organisation’s particular needs. This results in material relevant to your workplace and participants, helping to ensure the skills and knowledge are applied beyond the learning environment and in the workplace, maximising the return on your training investment.
All learning and development activities are facilitated and delivered in accordance with the principles of adult learning, accommodating a variety of learning styles. We employ a range of activities and techniques, encouraging participants to be involved by drawing on and discussing their own work-related experiences. Sessions are designed to be interactive and include hands-on activities and exercises.
- Well-presented and prepared - researched well.
- Good audio-visual material - relevant case study scenarios
- Has great examples to clarify what has been said
- Role-playing exercises reinforced what we had learnt
- Good break up of information giving and role plays.
- Clear and concise skills-based learning
- Inclusion of real-life examples. Placing things in practical terms without jargon.
- The exercises were good. Made people think outside the square.
- The presenter is excellent. One of the best presenters I have had. Well done.
- Trainer is professional and understanding and has a good speaking voice which keeps you interested.
- Very warm and approachable. Enjoy examples of trainer’s experience.
- Communicated / interacted very well with the team. Made training fun and less intimidating.
- Involves the whole group in discussions and makes it interesting.
- Concepts were explained well and put into context.
- Good examples from the trainer throughout helped clarify points being made.
- Excellent, interactive and informative.
The Leadership Toolkit Series
This program equips emerging leaders with the skills they need to succeed in a leadership role. Emerging leaders are the future senior talent of an organisation, and with the right support can add value quickly and drive productivity and results within your team or organisation. The Leadership Toolkit I program gives new leaders just that – a practical toolkit for leading and managing their team - and includes:
- Identifying leadership competencies and personal strengths.
- Understanding motivation.
- Constructive communication.
- Driving performance through feedback.
- Delegation.The Leadership Toolkit I is ideal for team leaders, coordinators and will also suit managers who’d like to refresh their skills and access the latest thinking around leadership.
- Stage 1: Pre-Program On-Line Self-Assessment.
- Stage 2: Six-hour interactive workshop (with comprehensive workbook).
- Stage 3: Six-week ‘Toolkit Talk’ professional reading program to consolidate knowledge PLUS a six-week support program to assist in implementing the skills learnt at the workshop (via phone or email).
- Stage 4: Three-hour ‘Wrap-Up Workshop’ to debrief on results, answer questions and refresh knowledge. Wrap-Up Workshops can be tailored to the needs of each cohort.
Right Person: Right Job – for anyone who selects and hires talent into their team, this workshop will sharpen your recruitment skills and deliver better hiring outcomes for your organisation,
Hiring staff is a significant investment for organisations and the salary and wages line is often the biggest expense. Yet we often neglect to invest in sound skill develop for managers making recruitment decisions.
The one-day workshop will enhance selection skills to help ensure the investment in people is the right one – getting the right person with the right skills and cultural fit.
The workshop offers the opportunity to develop skills through practice in a supported training environment.
Course content includes:
- Preparing for recruitment – understanding your requirements
- Equal employment opportunity and legislative considerations
- Components of the recruitment process
- Structuring a recruitment interview
- Designing behavioural-based interview questions
- Designing other assessment methods including reference checking
- Evaluating candidates